Our office will be open for all housing-related matters to the public starting Monday, May 23rd from the hours of 9 am to 3 pm. Please make sure to wear a mask during your visit.
Emergency Rental Assistance 2
ERA2 Rental Assistance is provided to applicants that are in imminent danger of eviction or shutoff of essential utility
service due to financial hardship caused by the Coronavirus pandemic.
Eligibility for ERA 2
- Must be a Hudson County Resident (If you are a Jersey City resident, please contact the City of Jersey City)
- Must have received a summons for eviction or notice from the landlord that rent is owed
- Financial hardship must have been caused during March 2020 through August 2021
- Household income must be within the area medium
For both ERA 1 and 2, Hudson County has implemented prioritization for households that meet either of the following criteria:
- The total income of the household does not exceed 50% of the area median income (AMI); OR
- One or more of the individuals within the household are receiving unemployment as of the date of the application for assistance and have not been employed for the 90-day period preceding such date.
These qualifying criteria are tracked through unemployment records and total household income documentation. Applicants meeting either of these criteria are flagged through the online portal. Through the review process, social workers will first review the applications that are flagged as a high priority to ensure funding will first go to those most in need before serving other residents not meeting this prioritization criteria.
Outside of the prioritization process outlined, applications for assistance are reviewed and awarded on a first completed, first serve basis.
Visit this website to apply:
The application is accessible on a smart phone, tablet or computer. Click REGISTER on the top right to create an account get started. The following documents will also need to be uploaded: Copy of Lease, documentation you are facing eviction, picture ID and income documentation. You may upload photos of these documents.
If you are unable to apply electronically, you may visit the Hudson County Dept of Housing and Community Reintegration at 257 Cornelison Ave, in Jersey City to apply in person Monday through Friday excluding holidays from 9:00 am to 3:00pm. Bring the following documentation: Copy of Lease, Picture ID, documentation you are facing eviction, documentation of all sources of income. You can also apply via phone by appointment. Please call 201-209-2826 or 201-209-2827 to request a phone interview for ERA2.
Call 201-395-4799, 201-209-2826, 201-209-2827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or questions.