Division of Planning


Q: What are the Hudson County roads?

A: Please refer to this list of Hudson County roads.

Q: How do I apply to the Hudson County Planning Board?

A: All Planning Board applications must be submitted through our online GovPilot portal. Upon submission of the application, the applicant must submit the proper fees as outlined in the fee schedule. Then, the applicant should refer to the application checklist to submit all application materials. For more information, please visit our “How to Apply Page”  on the Planning Division’s website.

Q: How often does the Planning Board meet?

A: The Planning Board meets on the third Tuesday of every month via Zoom.

Q: Is there a portal to check the status of my application?

A: No. Once the proper fees and checklists are submitted, the Division of Planning shall begin the review process. The Division will reach out to the applicant with any pending items the Committee may need to complete the review.

Q: Do I need an attorney in order to go before the Planning Board?

A: If you are applying as a corporation, LLC, etc., then an attorney must represent that entity. If you are applying as an individual, you do not need an attorney.

Q: Who can I contact regarding questions about the application?

A: Marcella Traina, Assistant Planner

Phone: (201) 217-5137 Ext. 4445

E-mail: mtraina@hcnj.us

Office of Business Opportunity


Q: Does HCOBO certify businesses as small, minority, woman or veteran-owned business enterprises?

A: No. We offer businesses assistance with becoming small, minority, woman or veteran-owned business enterprises through the State of New Jersey Department of Treasury certification process or through the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey MWBE certification process.

Q: What is a set-aside?

A: A set-aside is an opportunity to bid on/apply for a contract with Hudson County where only qualified small, minority, woman or veteran-owned business enterprises are eligible to bid/apply.

Q: How does my company become eligible for a set-aside opportunity?

A: The company must be: (1) located in New Jersey; (2) certified as small, minority, woman or veteran-owned business enterprise; and (3) the certification must be from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, State of New Jersey, Department of Treasury, or Federal Disadvantaged Business Enterprise certification.

Q: Does my company need a certification to bid on or apply for purchasing opportunities with Hudson County?

A: No.  Certification is not required to do business with Hudson County.  Certification is required to be eligible for to apply for set-aside opportunities with Hudson County.

Q: Does HCOBO recommend companies to get contracts with Hudson County?

No. HCOBO provides the small, minority, woman or veteran-owned business enterprise community with information, resources and guidance to assist with contract procurement, including assisting the purchasing department with identifying companies that can apply for the contract opportunity.
Translate »