Office of Veterans Affairs
The Office of Veterans’ Affairs strives to improve the quality of life of Hudson County veterans and to ensure that indigent deceased veterans receive a proper and dignified burial.
Who we are:
The Office of Veterans’ Affairs participates in and hosts a variety of events and provides services to assist Hudson County residents who served in the military. Such events include, but are not limited to: Benefits Seminar and Health Fairs and Resource Fairs. Also, the office helps veterans to locate housing and access other resources to meet their needs. Such services may include connecting veterans to the veterans clothing closet and helping them to access the unmet needs fund, as appropriate. Office staff keeps abreast of matters impacting veterans by being actively involved in Veteran’s Stakeholders Meetings.
What we do:
The Office of Veterans’ Affairs provides information, assistance and referral services to Veterans residing in Hudson County in order to improve their quality of life. This is accomplished by carrying out the following activities:
- Connect veterans to services and advocate for veterans to ensure their needs are met;
- Coordinate outreach and educational events highlighting veteran’s entitlements and other services targeted to this population;
- Organize recognition events to acknowledge the County’s appreciation for their service to Hudson County;
- Assist with burials of indigent veterans; and
- Distribute and place flags on Hudson County veterans’ graves.
- Memorial Day Ceremony and Luncheon
- Veterans of the Year Brunch
- Flag Distribution in Cemeteries
- County Employee Recognition
- Discount Card Events
- Veterans Art Shows
- Vietnam Veteran Commemoration Ceremony
- Veterans Day Ceremony
- Pearl Harbor Ceremony