HCOBO Helps with MBE, WBE, SBE, VOB and DVOB Certification Application Process
HCOBO provides guidance on how to become certified so your business can be in the mix for County, local, state, federal, and private-sector opportunities. New Jersey Minority, Women, Small Business, Veteran and Disabled Veteran business certifications are valid for 3 years. Once you attain certification, you must submit an annual verification statement each year.
To apply for NJ MBE, WBE, SBE, VOB or DVOB certification, you must go to https://www.njportal.com/DOR/SBERegistry/ and create a login account.
Here is some of the information – and documents – you will need for the certification application process:
- Registered business name
- Address of principal place of business
- Federal Tax Identification Number
- The firm’s date and method of acquisition
- Information on all principals
- Total gross sales receipts for the last 3 years
- Applicable industry codes
- Articles of incorporation, corporation by-laws, certificate of formation, partnership agreements and joint venture agreements
- The firm’s federal and state tax returns for the past three years
- Most current income statements and balance sheets
- Resumes of all principals, partners, officers, and/or key employees
- If applicable, copies of office lease/rental agreements, deeds, property tax or mortgage statement
- Proof of ethnicity or gender for majority owners
- Listing and copies of bank signature cards
- Listing of any previously attained certification
- Notarized verification statement
The HCOBO staff will be glad to answer your questions and advise you of the steps in attaining certification.