Transportation Service System and Guidelines (TRANSCEND)
Our transportation service is designed to help eligible residents receive the mobility they need to work, live and remain independent in the Hudson County community. Senior Citizens over 60, persons with disabilities over 18, and veterans are all eligible to receive Transcend service. Providing safe and reliable transportation services to Hudson County residents is the goal of the program.
We provide transportation to various locations primarily within Hudson County, and with limited service to Essex and Bergen Counties.
Transcend is administered by the Hudson County Department of Health & Human Services. These services are made possible through the Hudson County Board of Commissioners, the Hudson County Executive’s Office, and grants received from New Jersey Transit, the NJ Veteran’s Administration, the Federal Department of Transportation Administration, and Title III of the Older American’s Act.
Since its inception in 1986, Transcend has expanded to meet the growing needs of its communities. Since May 2008, we have been able to improve and expand our services by adding new vehicles and more drivers, and increase efficiencies with the purchase of a transportation routing and scheduling software program.
For additional information, click on TRANSCEND User Guide below or call the TRANSCEND Office at 201-369-4320 ext. 4107
- Hudson County – Transcend 2023 Combined SCDRTAP 5311 Application__Finalized
- 2023 SCDRTAP (English) – Public Hearing Notice_9-14-2022
- 2023 SCDRTAP (Spanish) – Aviso De Audiencia Publica_9-14-2022
- 2023 SCDRTAP Proposed Budget – Hudson County
- 2023 Short Term Program Goals for Hudson County – Transcend Office
- Hudson County – Proposed Budget – 2022 SCDRTAP
- In Person Meeting August 5, 2021 -PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE for 2022 SCDRTAP Application UPDATED
- Transcend Public User Guide_Updated 08.19.2022
Title VI Documents